Who We Are
Please see latest sermon on our mobile app
STRC was founded in 1660 is well known for its large columns and classical revival style architecture. The front of the building imitates a Roman temple. In the past it was called the Dutch Reformed Church. The first church building was built in the mid 1670’s in an area east of the Fort and remained in use until 1731. In the 1740’s a new church was built on Snegle Gade, it burnt in 1804, was rebuilt, and was again destroyed by a fire in 1806. The present church was completed in 1848. It is one of the oldest congregations on St. Thomas, having been continuously worshipping for more than 350 years.
We are located at the corner of Nye Gade & Crystal Gade, in downtown Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas in the US Virgin Islands.
We welcome members and visitors to join us for worship Sunday morning at 10:00 a.m.